We're looking for some new people.
We’re expanding and winning new clients, which means we need some great new people to join our already fantastic team. If you think you fit the bill for any of these vacancies, we’d love to hear from you. Even if you don’t see your dream job, we’d still love to hear from you. So get in touch.
We’re looking for senior branding experience (at least 10-15 years in the industry) with a background in one or more of the recognised branding design companies. Obviously, sector-wide experience will sit well with us, but we recognise that most other branding companies have specific specialisms. So, as long as you can show real passion and depth of understanding, we’ll know if you’re capable and ready to branch out.
This is also both a client-facing and team leadership role. Our team work alongside clients and present face-to-face most of the time. It works for us and means that we develop the kind of trust that allows both us and the clients to reach for more challenging and creative answers to their problems. So, an easy, but well-informed
manner with clients is what we are always looking for in senior positions in the company.
The current structure has a part-time Executive Creative Director in place, to whom the new Creative Director will report and will help with strategic direction. However, the Creative Director will be responsible for running creative projects and developing and structuring the design team as they see fit. The Executive Creative Director role is currently being held open for the Creative Director to grow into, so there is no barrier to career progression.
We’re look for a great portfolio and a body of work that consistently demonstrates intelligent understanding of the functions and concerns of the businesses you’ve been involved in branding. Creative work will need more than a design rationale, it’ll need a
demonstration of how strategic design has helped your clients move their businesses forward.
So, it sounds tough, but there are real rewards. Your salary will be a reflection of your experience, whatever that might be, and you will be central to the development and the decision-making in the business.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- You will lead, manage and develop the creative team, with our Executive Creative Director.
- You will help implement the vision of the agency, and drive the quality of the work produced by Thompson.
- You will originate and produce intelligent, ideas-led design work.
- You will work alongside the client services team to grow and develop accounts using creative ideas with expansive potential.
- You will work with the client services team to add strategic creative thinking to pitches.
- You will collaborate with client services on establishing creative time plans and budgeting.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply now
Senior Creative Full-stack Developer
Thompson is a brand strategy and design company with a digital focus. We’ve been around for over 30 years and have worked in just about every sector, fuelling our belief that effective branding requires the widest possible understanding of business, consumer behaviour and the world around us.
Creative excellence is central to everything that we do and our digital output is no exception. The agency’s digital work has been recognised by DBA, Design Week, Drum Design, Drum Roses, Drum DADI and Big Chip and we see this appointment as being key to our continued success.
We are looking for a Senior Creative Full-stack Developer who will be the voice of the agency on the power of code in brand identity and design. You will have a restless desire and drive to keep on top of industry developments and be energised by the prospect of working in a small multidisciplinary design team comprising, graphic, digital, motion and 3D designers where you can put those learnings into practice. The ideal fit would be a candidate who is ambitious and keen to have a genuine influence — helping to shape the growth of our digital capability.
Key skills and experience:
- 5+ years in top agencies creating award winning websites and applications
- Familiar and comfortable working with Gulp/Grunt and Git
- A keen eye for design and ability to use Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision
- Creatively minded, brand focussed and ideas driven
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of Google Analytics and ability to create basic reports
- Confident in front of clients and able to present work effectively
- Server setup and management skills
- Approachable, personable with an enthusiastic nature and passion for excellence
- Self-motivated and a good team player
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative
- Drive to win creative awards
- Always learning and asking “what’s next” in the world of digital
- One of the most highly regarded agencies in the north, with a great reputation for design work that inspires our clients, our people and attracts recognition
- Exciting social and supportive environment
- Individual personal development scheme
Competitive salary dependent upon experience, plus benefits.Apply now