We’ve been around for a long time, so we have great clients and a great reputation, but the management team is young(ish) and determined to do things differently. We support remote and flexible working, promote local businesses, champion women in the boardroom and LGBTQIA+ rights in the business. We work hard to be ethical and eco-active. We don’t believe in asking anyone to work for free, even at the start of their careers, so only offer paid living wage internships.
If you like the sound of us, we’d love you to apply. We are committed to building an inclusive team so even if your skills don’t completely match or if you don’t see your dream job here, we’d still love to hear from you, so please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Full time, 9am – 5.30pm Mon to Fri
Start date Aug/Sept
Salary: £28k- £35k dependent upon experience, plus benefits.
Free office parking
10% commission on new business
Tax-efficient Cycle to Work scheme
Thompson is a 15+ person digital branding agency based in North Leeds, though currently working remotely. We work across a range of sectors including health, wellbeing, charity/not for profit and property.
Thompson believes in promoting inclusion and diversity and in helping combat systemic racism, sexism and other forms of oppression. We try hard to use our voice and business to actively make a change in the wider world, not just in the creative world. That’s in who we choose to work with, in the way we speak to the world, our creative work, and the way we hire. We’re not perfect but we want to get better.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, but don’t meet every qualification listed, we still really encourage you to apply. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About this role:
We are looking for an Account Manager to join the Client Team at Thompson. The role would be perfect for someone who is friendly, organised and who has an eye for design. You will be working on a range of accounts, especially those with a strong digital (web) leaning. Therefore, experience of managing digital projects is important, as is the ability and willingness to learn. After all, the web and other media are always changing, so we’d like you to be able to keep up!
We are a digital-first agency, creating brands fit for today’s digital, moving world. We market them, get them online, create animations and other digital design elements. For some clients that also means things like hoarding, packaging, uniforms and brochures; depending on your skills you might work on some of this, too.
- Building great relationships with a wide range of clients
- Asking lots of questions to quickly get to know a client’s business
- Spotting new opportunities with clients and suggesting solutions or next steps
- Communicating with clients by email and phone
- Attending client meetings (Covid-19 permitting)
- Taking good quality notes, creating timeplans and other documents – Writing cost proposals
- Taking client input and turning it into written briefs for the studio
- Briefing the studio with jobs and answering questions on the brief
- Contributing to creative sessions, sharing what you’ve seen in the world or noticed first-hand as a user, patient, customer, etc.
- Checking work against the brief and knowledge of the client to make sure it’s perfect
- Collaborating with the studio team and freelancers, including challenging the creative
- Presenting work to the client virtually or face to face
- Collaborating with the Client Services team, working on some accounts closely with an Account Director, or others with only a little support
- Managing conflicting workloads and priorities, internally and with the client
- Carrying out daily checks on our job management system to make sure jobs are on time, on track and on budget
- Admin such as filing on our internal server or booking resource using our studio planner
- Financially managing your own jobs, including managing revenue in the forecast, tracking outcosts carefully, through to raising and sending invoices each month.
Send your CV to email@example.com